Rebate Program Summary
In order to meet the demands of our growing population, all of us need to take steps to use our precious water supplies more efficiently. To help our customers in this effort, Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District (JVWCD) is offering a cash rebate to residential customers who are willing to convert the landscaping in their park strips from lawn to a water-efficient design. We estimate a typical family will save 7,000 to 10,000 gallons of water per year by converting their park strip.
Incentive Amounts and Limits
JVWCD will offer $1.25 per each square foot of grass removed from park strips and replaced with water-efficient landscaping. Program participants who attend a free park strip class will receive $1.50 per square foot of grass removed and replaced with water-efficient landscaping.
In order to be eligible for this program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant is a residential customer in JVWCD’s retail service area.
- Applicant is a homeowner with a retail service account in good standing with JVWCD.
- Applicant’s park strip is completely landscaped with living, well-maintained lawn.
- Applicant is willing to remove all lawn in the park strip and replace it with water-efficient landscaping using drip irrigation.
- Applicant is voluntarily participating in the program, and not for the purpose of complying with a governmental code or policy relating to landscape design standards.
FlipYourStrip park strip replacement program
1: Fill out application
2: Remove lawn
3: Add mulch and plants
4: Get cash